Jamshedpur 10th June 2021: The Jharkhand government extended the lockdown, billed as ‘Health Safety Week,’ till June 16 with some relaxations, including the extension of shopping hours by two hours.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the state disaster management authority chaired by chief minister Hemant Soren.
Significantly, this is the fifth time that the restrictions, first imposed on April 22, have been extended. The lockdown was till June 10.
All shops in all 24 districts from 6 am to 4 pm except Jamshedpur.
A tweet from the chief minister said that In Jamshedpur having more caseload, shops dealing in shoes, clothes, cosmetics, and jewellery shall remain shut during the period.
However, the Jharkhand government has announced a complete lockdown from June 12 to June 14 on Wednesday.
The lockdown will remain effective between Saturday 4 pm to Monday 6 am, barring medicines shops, hospitals, petrol pumps, etc.
What Is Allowed And What Is Not?
- All education centers and coaching institutions would continue to remain shut until further orders. Besides, the state government has also postponed all examinations.
- Religious places will remain closed for the devotees like earlier.
- Home delivery of food from restaurants along with taking away has been allowed.
- Cinema halls, multiplexes, bars, banquet halls, stadiums, gymnasiums, swimming pools, parks, and department stores, among others, would also remain close in the state.
- Anganwadi centers will remain shut, but food items will be provided to the beneficiaries at home.
- Prohibition on procession will continue in the state besides the ban on bus transport will continue.
- There will be a ban on the gathering of more than five people.
- Only 11 people can attend a marriage, and a maximum of 20 people can attend a funeral.
- Seven days of home quarantine will be mandatory for those coming to Jharkhand from other states.
- E-passes will be mandatory for inter-district movement in private vehicles or going to other states from Jharkhand or coming to Jharkhand.
- Wearing of mask in a public place and maintaining social distance is mandatory.
- The state secretariat will function with 33% staff strength till 2 pm.