Jamshedpur 1May 2020:The Centre on Friday extended the coronavirus-induced lockdown by two more weeks from May 4 to May 17.
Earlier today, the government divided all the districts in the country into Red, Orange and Green zones, depending on the condition of covid spread. The new MHA order provides several concessions in Green and Orange zones.
Here is the list of such activities—
- No air travel
- No movement of train, except special trains to move migrants to their states
- No Metro services
- No inter-state movement by road
- Schools, colleges, and other educational and training/coaching institutions shall continue to remain shut
- Hospitality services, including hotels and restaurants, will remain close
- Places of large public gatherings, such as cinema halls, malls, gymnasiums, sports complexes will also not function
- Movements of people shall remain prohibited for all non-essential activities between 7 pm to 7 am
- In all zones, person above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years, shall remain at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes
- All religious places/places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Any social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions/other gatherings will not be allowed.